Posted on June 26, 2014 by 3 | 0 Comments
Hi PARISH friends!! How gorgeous is our summer weather?! It may be hot, but I am definitely enjoying the sunshine! Every year around this time, lots of us get the urge to start a new project or change up a little something around the house! Oftentimes the biggest impact can be something so simple as paint! Today, we are sharing our favorite paint colors!! The biggest mistake we see that people make when choosing paint colors is selecting one with too cold or warm undertones. As designers, we are all trained in color theory and recognition. Sometimes people look at us like we're nuts when we tell them their gray walls look purple or their tan walls look green. Every paint color (except pure white) has multiple tones added to change the hue. Those with red, pink, or orange undertones are warm. Those with blue, green, or violet undertones are cool. The best way to select a paint color is in your home under your lighting and using a pure white sheet of paper to see the colors on. We get so many calls and emails about paint colors that we have used on jobs in the past, and while we gladly give out color names-- they always come with a warning! Lighting is different almost everywhere- so while that fab paint color looks perfect in one place, it might not be so hot in another! On to our favorites!!
1. Benjamin Moore White Dove
2. Ralph Lauren Tibetan Jasmine
3. Benjamin Moore Paper White
(Note: Two of our faves are discontinued! Ralph Lauren Veranda and Palais White are so fabulous! Ralph, what are you thinking bud?!)
Top to bottom...
1. Benjamin Moore French Canvas
2. Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter (might just be the *perfect* color!)
3. Benjamin Moore Elephants Breath
4. Benjamin Moore Smoke Embers
5. Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist
1. Ralph Lauren Urban Loft
2. Benjamin Moore Harbor Gray
3. Behr Light French Gray
4. Benjamin Moore Coventry Gray
1. Farrow and Ball Cabbage White
2. Behr Mystic Seaport
3. Benjamin Moore In Your Eyes
4. Sherwin Williams Tidewater
5. Farrow and Ball Pale Powder
6. Farrow and Ball Vert de Terre
Fun right?! I hope you found some great colors and ideas.... one last stitch of advice- hire a professional painter! Nothing is worse than a bad paint job!
Be sure to join us next week as we celebrate Independence Day and travel to Europe for our shopping adventure!
Until next time,